Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Using Gaston Studio's computer.

Okay, for those who don't know, Jane of Gaston Studio is my mom. So when I posted a comment earlier today on Beth's blog, I posted as Gaston Studio! GAAKK! Quickly deleted, logged her out, and logged myself in. Yes, I'm at my mom's and using her computer.

A few days ago, I packed up the van with the kids, my 82 lb. dog, and all our crap, and headed to eastern North Carolina to visit mom and sister. It's spring break, in my neck of the woods, so what better time to visit family, right!? Also, my husband moved us 8 1/2 hours away from his mother-in-law, our children's Nana and Aunt Sandi, so we must plan this bloody long trip when the kids have more than a long weekend.

This time, we stopped over in Charlotte to visit friends, and break up the trip. Brilliant plan! I felt well rested and daughter got her BFF fix. With only 4 1/2 hours, I took 2 pitstops and downed only 1
Starbucks. FYI, Starbucks has very clean bathrooms.

So here we are, freezing in NC, I think it went down to freezing last night. My sister, very disappointed she couldn't go the month of April with no heat or no air conditioning, turned on the heat. Jeez, we could've stayed in Atlanta to be cold. I was looking forward to relaxing on their big ass porch with my coffee and putting puzzles together with the kids.

As I sit at mom's computer typing this post, mom and sister, are working my kids to the bone spreading bag upon bag of pine mulch. I escaped this task because my kids are being paid a nice little sum to do yard work and I don't want to steal their thunder. I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet, only occasionally listening to a very pitiful yelp from sister's eldest dog Loki.

Well, darn, Loki set off the others, now all 4 dogs are barking like something has them by the tail. Better go investigate.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Sounds like a fun family visit! It dipped down to freezing (again!) last night in south Georgia. I'm so over the cold weather.

Tell your mom Hi! Have fun!

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Thanks Beth, it was fun! Back home and catching up on everything. The weather has been wacky! I'm so over it too!

Unknown said...

I did NOT work their fingers to the bone, they had plenty of energy left when we finished! Plenty! And they thanked me... they love their nana.

Mom