Monday, May 04, 2009

Moody Monday!


I'm moody this Monday, it's raining and supposed to rain most of the week. Yes, I know we need it, Atlanta's been in a drought for 2 years, yada, yada, yada!

Last week, I had stress and anxiety with regards to my website, specifically, my shopping cart was messed up, ARGHH! After going through several freelance web developers, I finally found one who jumped in and corrected the problem. Whew! So if anyone tried to place an order, I'm so sorry, give it another try, everything is working fine now :). It's not too late to get Mother's Day orders shipped and I assure you, you won't be disappointed with the quality and service at Dee-Zigns.

To add to my stress, I spent 12 hours yesterday participating in an artist market, which produced no sales. Because, seriosuly folks, you must let people know there is going to be an artist market, otherwise the people have no clue, and therefore will not come. "If you build it, they will come" only works in the movies with Kevin Costner. It wasn't happening yesterday. This was a well organized apparently organized for invisible people event in conjunction with a world wide bike race. Could have been a spectacular event, the weather was wonderful, the race was exciting, but apparently the organizers never advertised an artist market because there were no people. WTF? Yes, there were some people, the friends and family of the bike racers, but they weren't prepared to shop. Because the streets had to be blocked, it was like the artist market, was secluded, from the outside area. And, yes, I'm still bitter. I got up at 5am and didn't get home until 7pm, the market hours were 10am-6pm, that was time spent away from my family! My dog missed me so much, he didn't eat the 12 plus hours I was gone.

So today, I'm very moody. I'm wondering if participating in art shows are worth my time? I'm sure they are, if they are organized and advertised yada, yada, yada and blah, blah, blah.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry babe. What a waste! I think I'd want proof of advertising for your next art show. Demand it in advance of signing up!

Don't let it get you down; it's over, move on to better things...and better advertised events.

Hope we get some of that rain!

Banteringblonde said...

Sorry about t the no sales ... and as for the rain - it has been grey and soggy here and while we need it, i'm over it! lol

Smart Mouth Broad said...

My SIL and BIL work a local art market every month which is supposed to be advertised but isn't really. I know it's very frustrating to put in all the prep, haul it there, sit there bored out of your mind and then haul it all back with no reward for your efforts. Grrrr. They keep hoping it will improve and so far they've at least made their tent rental each month.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I feel so badly for you. What a long day it must of been. I hope you had a great book a long, or the vendor beside you was cool to talk to.

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

thanks for your support everyone! I really appreciate it :).