Friday, May 08, 2009

Frustrating Friday and Fabulous Friday!


Ever have one of those days when you make a cup of coffee, then lose the cup in your house? I have these days too often, usually when I'm walking around with my mug urging Blake to get off the floor and get dressed. Why he decides to roll around on the floor when the bus will be here any minute, is beyond my comprehension! I've searched everywhere for that cup of coffee. I retraced my steps and still cannot find it. This is so darn frustrating because it was just my second cup. I know I'm obsessed with my coffee, but its better than crack, right?

Frustration took over and I have a new mug with fresh coffee. I suppose I will find that "lost" mug somewhere around the house, unless someone moved it to play around with me. Probably my mom's poltergeist! She probably sent him/she/it over to drive me crazy, not that she doesn't think I am already crazy. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I'm just saying. Head over to Gaston Studio's blog and ask her about the "lost" rain jacket or her favorite shoes. Uh huh! I'm just saying what's true.

I'm over my frustration now and thinking about how fabulous Fridays are. End of the school week. End of the work week. Our family is together for the weekend. And it's two days before Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to everyone and here's hoping you'll take a little time for YOU.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just to clear things up, I did NOT send over my poltergeist. He/she/it is mine, and mine alone; besides, I know how freaked out you get just thinking about the whole thing!

Now, I want to know if that cup in the photo will fit under my Senseo coffeemaker? Because if it will, I want it!

Happy Mother's Day to you too, daughter, you're the perfect mother for my beautiful grandchildren (and don't let them tell you different).
Love,
Mom

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. Hope you find your mug.....eventually. boooooooooooo

Michel said...

Dude, I totally do that all the time. I end up going through a whole pot of coffee because I lose the end of the cup constantly.

I usually find them when I get home from work - all dried out and disgusting -- or, even worse, JOSH finds them and then lectures me on how I should put this shit in the sink and not in our closet (??)

I know! I totally do not remember needing coffee when I was getting dressed....but then, maybe we're tired!!

Happy mother's day!

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Mom, no, that mug is too tall, so use the other one I gave you. Thanks Mom, I guess I'm the perfect mom for my children :).
SM and Michel:
I found my mug late yesterday afternoon, sitting on top of a bookshelf in my office. Fortunately, I found it before gross things started forming and growing!

Happy Mother's Day!