Friday, March 27, 2009

Rainy days in Georgia and other ramblings.

We have had the rain. All outdoor sports were cancelled, so my son was bummed about missing baseball. Daughter's volleyball game was on and they won! All in all, not such a bad weekend, we got several games of Monopoly in. My seven year old played his dad a few times and kept winning. He also bragged about it. My husband thought this very funny, especially that he came to me to tell me how badly he was beating his daddy.

Lo and behold, I beat everyone on Sunday for our one hour time limited game. Such fun playing board games with children. You learn a lot by doing this.

I also found time to work on my Happily Handmade Giveaway page that will be up on Wednesday, April 1st. No joke!
Be sure to stop by Dee-Zigns' website and register to win.

My daughter wanted to create a logo for her jewelry business, yes the apple doesn't fall far from tree. She's been making earrings like crazy ever since she got her ears pierced. This is the logo she came up with.

This Saturday, April 4th, I will be at the Sweet Apple Village Market, in Roswell, Georgia for a soft opening from 11am-5pm. I will have a lot of one of a kind jewelry for Spring and Summer, including my new metals collection. I don't know what other vendors will be there, but when I find out, I'll post them. The Sweet Apple Village Market will officially open June 6th, with a market every Saturday and Sunday. All the neighborhoods around have been anxiously awaiting the opening.

Going now to ask the rain gods to skip this Saturday, so we can have a fun and beautiful day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We had lots of rain too for a few days, but we needed it and I'm sure guys in north Georgia did too.
Playing board games, especially Monopoly, is great fun... except when my grandson wins all the games! He should take pity on a poor old Nana and let me win once in a while!
Good luck on the Sweet Apple fair thingie!

Beth said...

The rain finally stopped! But rumor is that it will be back for Tuesday and Wednesday. Maybe the forecast will be clear for you guys next weekend. Good luck at the opening on Saturday.

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Thank you Beth! I'm so happy to see the sun shine once again! I'd rather have cold and sunshine, rather than rainy and dreary.

Dee-Zigns Handcrafted Jewelry said...

Mom, Blake said no way he'd take pity on his Nana for Monopoly.