Friday, June 26, 2009

Aloha Friday, finally.

Wow, it seems as though I've been gone months! I have tons of blog reading to do, but before I begin, its time for Aloha Friday.

In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that they take it easy and look forward to the weekend.

If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and go to An Island Life and leave your link. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new bloggy friends!


My question today:

If you have children at home for summer vacation, are you finding as much time for blogging or for your business as you would normally?

My answer:

Heck no, which is why there are few posts and very little reading other blogs, since summer vacation began. Sometimes it really frustrates me, until common sense kicks in and I realize, they come first!

If any of you have a way of organizing your time so you can get your blogging in, I'm all ears! Make that all eyes... since I moved my office, I don't have any sound coming out of my speakers, and I haven't had the time to investigate this silly problem! Oh well, after the pool and after the phone company comes to fix the phone that is not working and the tv that we can intermittently watch. But that's another story...

8 comments:

Hit 40 said...

My 2 boys are older. And, we have a city pool walking distance away!!! So far, my summer is rocking!!!

Kimmie said...

Oh my, NO! Posting has been cut in half. And try as I might, I'm very behind in commenting. But there'll be plenty of time come winter so - lol My AF

Whitney said...

I try to get a lot done on weekend when DH is home. Because I am a stay at home mom, the summer months aren't any different for me.

PMKU said...

Not at all! I set them up with activities and then spend all my time being a taxi! Arg

kailani said...

It's so hard to get anything done when the kids are home. :-(

Beth said...

It is hit or miss with me, too! You have your priorities in the right order by putting the kids first. Funny how my kids are 19 and 17 (and one is at a summer program meaning he isn't even living in the house for 6 weeks) and they still need me.

I only have 3 weeks off - so I've filled it with time with friends/family and house projects.

One day, I'm going to find a weekend to drive up to Atlanta so I can "shop" with you! I love your jewelry!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

No. And mine are grown and need no real care. LOL Still we are having a lot of fun so that cuts into blogging time. Fine by me. :-)

Mimi said...

I still doesn't have kids but it might be the same way as your answer. Maybe 2 years in the future this would happen to me it might broke my heart seeing that lovely and cute faces wanting a stroll this summer. Btw I shared your gift to other bloggers. And they loved it.